Ridiculous Child

I don't want to live my life arguing over people and objects.

I don't want to live my life arguing.

I guess that's easier to say on the other side of throwing away or consuming most of Stassney's stuff. In a lot of ways it's not, though.

I could always find something else. I could always be looking for something else. There's infinite potential to argue. There's a thousand things a day to be angry about, if not more. Just for me. What do I want to choose?

Arguing is a choice.

For a very long time it did not feel that way. Even now, I'm sure it's still compulsory. I know it is a choice. In my head. I know I don't have to participate. In this one section of my brain that knows things when I am calm, I know I don't have to fight.

That same part of my head knows that happiness can be a choice, too. Settle. Be humble. Sit down. Make your choice.

For a very long time I believed that I shouldn't allow myself to be slighted. I shouldn't let myself be made to feel less. Or to be overlooked. Or to be undervalued.

And that's all true. But I don't know if that means a fight anymore. I think I could control a lot of that internally? Or at least I can control who is around me and in my life? It doesn't have to be constant battles. It could be a conversation. It could be a simple "no". It could be an exit and a block.

I am beginning to think I'm making my life much too hard. Sure, there are hardships. There are things to work through and overcome. Things will always have some difficulty, but I guess I don't think it needs to be so hard anymore. Like, let's run on easy level difficulty for a while.

All that said, I just finished my finals, so who knows how what I'll believe when that feeling wears off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower of Evil

As It Was

Murder on the Dance Floor