I Applied For A Job

Today I was reminded of the awesomeness of this moment:


I will miss you forever, Parks and Rec. 
In my recent collapse of personal infrastructure (boyfriend, school, work, diet) I have not been able to address the devastation I experienced at reading that Hannibal has finally been cancelled. To be fair, it is amazing that they got 3 seasons. The show should not have survived this long on network television. I will discuss this at length when I can fully process how much I will miss it. Right now I am still holding out hope that it gets picked up by Netflix or Hulu or something (a la The Mindy Project and Community.)

In other news it has been a historic day! Gay marriage was enforced across America. Gay weddings for everybody!! Consider the YouTube video as linked in celebration. My only disappointment in this is that I did not hear of any spontaneous parading around Austin that I could join in, and I work all day tomorrow so I couldn't celebrate in Houston. I never get to have any fun.

In personal achievements: I applied for a job today. The significance is that it is with my dream company. 
I will probably be applying for more jobs soon, but this is the first time I've dared to act on a pretty big dream. I am almost positive I won't get it. I will try again for something else when I have more experience. Just putting it out there, though, was HUGE. There was a part of me that thought I would probably never actually apply for a job with this company even though I have loved them from a far for so long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower of Evil

As It Was

Murder on the Dance Floor