On Humor

I received KitKats in the mail today. Green tea KitKats that I assume come from Japan or someone in Asia with access, or maybe it's a weird black-market system and they were smuggled in from Columbia. I can never be sure. I am assuming they are safe for consumption and hoping for the best. I feel I am not important enough to be poisoned.

Life is funny when it's not happening to you, I have decided.

A girl crying incoherently on a tile floor with one breast out is funny depending on the circumstances around it. If the girl had proven through the course of a movie to be a complete bitch and this was the moment of her comeuppance that's hilarious, in a really terrible way. If the girl spent the whole day getting rained on and this was the shit frosting on her shit cake, that can also be pretty funny. We've all had disastrous days, and taking that to an extreme can bring things into perspective and feel relatable. It's also funny in a really sad way if it's 7pm, she's only been there for 30 minutes, and no one else is drunk. It's not even that kind of party. For some reason she has a swimsuit on.

If The Hangover series, a series I have long refused to watch, has taught me anything it's that waking up on a sidewalk with no idea how you got there is just an opportunity to Momento (another film I haven't seen) yourself back home by tracing the tattoos you got through your drunken, mostly harmless, shenanigans. They probably involved a tiger!

This is all tragic and confusing when you're in the moment, but years later it's a gag.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flower of Evil

As It Was

Murder on the Dance Floor